• Home
  • Advice on getting to Stevens Pass

Advice on getting to Stevens Pass

• Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:08 AM
    Message # 8133060

Hi Ski Buddies! I moved here from California last year and I'm looking to really up my snowboarding this year. I don't have much experience driving in the snow and I don't have an AWD car. I'm sure this comes up a lot but, can anyone make any recommendations on the best ways to get to the mountain? Best shuttles? Would a good set of chains and careful driving be enough to keep me safe? Thank you for the help! 

• Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:01 AM
    Reply # 8136775 on 8133060

Hi Emily, 

One option if you're heading to Steven's on a weekend there is a bus that leaves from downtown on weekends usually starting in January. 
    https://www.stevenspass.com/explore-the-resort/about-the-resort/getting-here-and-parking.aspx?tc_1=1#tc_1_1 

I'm also sans-car so If you wanted to go up for the day during the week I might be able to occasionally make that work and split costs with you. Also if you find any cool solutions that please post them as well.

Cheers, 
            ~Jamie

• Sunday, November 24, 2019 9:23 AM
    Reply # 8137101 on 8133060

The key is getting a ride with a ski buddy.  These forums can be hit or miss.  People must change their preference to immediate response or they wait 24 hours to see  your messages.  This is often too late for a Saturday or Sunday ski.

Tim and I drive up early almost every Saturday or Sunday every weekend.  We are parked at Stevens Pass by 8 AM and wait in line at 8:30 AM.  We ski early, and leave early avoiding crowds, parking, and traffic. 

There is a shuttle bus that goes up.  It stops in Seattle, Green Lake, then I think Monroe, WA.  I do not know the cost.  Link is on the Stevens Pass web site. 

• Monday, November 25, 2019 3:44 PM
    Reply # 8138985 on 8136775
    Jamie Sherman wrote:

Hi Emily, 

One option if you're heading to Steven's on a weekend there is a bus that leaves from downtown on weekends usually starting in January. 
    https://www.stevenspass.com/explore-the-resort/about-the-resort/getting-here-and-parking.aspx?tc_1=1#tc_1_1 

I'm also sans-car so If you wanted to go up for the day during the week I might be able to occasionally make that work and split costs with you. Also if you find any cool solutions that please post them as well.

Cheers, 
            ~Jamie

The downtown shuttle definitely looks like a good bet! There is also one from Jake's Highway 2 Sports ( https://jakesh2s.com/ ) that leaves from Gold Bar and is about half the price. I am working on getting my girlfriend to come up with me (she has an AWD Honda CRV) but she's not much of skier so I'd have to set her up in the lodge ;D 
  • Monday, November 25, 2019 3:47 PM
    Reply # 8138988 on 8137101
    Anonymous wrote:

The key is getting a ride with a ski buddy.  These forums can be hit or miss.  People must change their preference to immediate response or they wait 24 hours to see  your messages.  This is often too late for a Saturday or Sunday ski.

Tim and I drive up early almost every Saturday or Sunday every weekend.  We are parked at Stevens Pass by 8 AM and wait in line at 8:30 AM.  We ski early, and leave early avoiding crowds, parking, and traffic. 

There is a shuttle bus that goes up.  It stops in Seattle, Green Lake, then I think Monroe, WA.  I do not know the cost.  Link is on the Stevens Pass web site. 

Great tip on the forum updates! I'll be sure to fix mine now. I would definitely love to go up with some buddies - I'm planning to go to one of the potlucks to meet everyone soon :) 

© 1981-2019 Ski Buddies, Seattle WA

Ski Buddies is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization.