Red Mountain BC, 3/3-6/2015
- Alpine options include 7 chairs of 110 marked runs, “off piste” on Gray, Paradise and Kirkup Mt, 10.00 per run “in area” cat skiing on Mt Kirkup plus full day cat packages with “Big Red Cats” and multiple nearby Heli operations
- On site marked and groomed cross country and sno shoes trails
- 3 nights, “4 Star” accommodations with a short walking distance to lifts, area base lodge/restaurants and Cat base camps (max 8 folks, 4 bdrm/3 ba lodge, sleeps 2 per room)
- Dates; arrive Thursday March 3, check out Sunday March 6th
- Price; 295.00 USD per person includes lodging, 2 days of continental breakfast and 2 days of a 2 hr Apre ski party
- Lift tickets NOT included, multiple purchase option making full day adult passes about 65.00 USD
- Sign up and pay online (checks not required) at skibuddies.org
RED Mountain is the last great, unspoiled resort. Located in Rossland, BC, along the famous “Powder Highway,” RED delivers 4,200 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by overdevelopment. For 2013-14, they have added nearly 1,000 acres of mostly-intermediate terrain on Grey Mountain – an entirely new peak. (Well, OK, Grey’s been there for millions of years, but without runs or lifts on it.). RED is located about 6.5 hours drive time from Seattle, 1.5 hrs from Spokane. Take a break on the drive and stop at one of our member's sports pub, Scotty's Doghouse. Located at the corner of Sharp and Hamilton in Spokane, the Doghouse can be the unofficial meeting place for trip participants!!
With 300″/7.6m of annual snowfall, wide-open groomed runs, epic vertical (2,919ft/890m!), in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents off select peaks, a rich tradition, and the best tree runs in BC, come and enjoy fresh turns that you don’t have to fight for and find out what none of the fuss is about….
For more information contact the trip leader Mike Calderon